In this episode, I’ll take you through three ways teachers can make the most of Pinterest this school year. You’ll also hear how this robust platform full of diverse resources for educators can totally transform your classroom.
Make the Most of Pinterest
Looking for classroom ideas and inspiration? Pinterest is so much more than a spot for party planning inspiration. It is a robust platform full of user-submitted content that can totally transform your classroom. From lesson plans to ideas for student projects, Pinterest is a game-changer.
For many educators, using Pinterest as a teaching resource is not a new idea. The platform is full of teachers who post their favorite anchor charts and kid-friendly apps, or simply go to Pinterest to look for ideas — without ever posting or sharing a “pin” themselves. Let’s look at three reasons you shouldn’t ignore Pinterest if you’re teaching this year, or why you should revisit Pinterest if it’s been awhile.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Pinterest
- First, sign up or log back into your Pinterest account
- Next, think of Pinterest as a search engine
- Then, look for student project examples
- Finally, keep your eyes peeled for video pins
Sponsored by Levered Learning
This episode is sponsored by Levered Learning, a 21st century instructional system for elementary math. Created by educators to provide just the right level of support and challenge for every student. Levered gives teachers the ability to create personalized learning paths using real-time data on student progress, tools to support intervention and enrichment. Levered’s individualized online math curriculum is proven to increase learning growth by 70% on state testing in the first year of implementation. Learn more at levered.com!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- EdTech Essentials Special Book Bonus Items
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- Class Tech Tips on Pinterest
- Pinterest Video Pin Example
- 8 Pinterest Pages for Math Teachers (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips for Picking the Best Resources for Your Students (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Reasons Educators Shouldn’t Ignore TikTok (Podcast Episode)
- How to Curate and Share Curriculum Resources (Podcast Episode)
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter, EdTech Events and Workshops & Free EdTech Tools for Your Classroom
- Showcase Student Learning With Seesaw Updates (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips for Sharing Online Learning Resources with Families (Podcast Episode)