In this episode, Educational Technology Specialist Jennifer Hall joins to discuss ways for students to share their creations with an authentic audience. You’ll also hear how to incorporate technology with digital tools during student projects and spaces for students to showcase and celebrate their work.
This week’s episode is titled: “Creating Real Audiences for Students with Jennifer Hall.” I’m excited for you to listen to our conversation around audiences and giving students an audience for their work. During the TCEA conference in February, Jennifer and I participated in a panel conversation where we talked about all things technology integration. And I wanted to bring Jennfer on the podcast to share more ideas around audience.
Listen in to our conversation for some great ideas you can try out this school year!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Student Projects
- First, choose an upcoming project.
- Next, identify a small or big audience.
- Then, look for audiences in your school community.
- Finally, encourage students to share their work.
Sponsored by EdTech Essentials
This episode is sponsored by EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments, my newest book from ASCD. Readers will find, timely, and accessible lesson ideas and strategies. EdTech Essentials shares ways to prepare students to be productive, responsible users of technology both within and outside the classroom. Find EdTech Essentials on Amazon, or head over to ClassTechTips.com to learn more and download the free study guide. A quick note about Amazon: If you search for me, Monica Burns, on Amazon you’ll see some spicy books from an author with the same name as me – so if you head to my website, you’ll find more information about the book and a direct link to find EdTech Essentials on Amazon.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Jennifer Hall’s website and YouTube
- Follow Jennifer Hall on Twitter and Instagram
- Learn more about Lights, Camera, Action! Shakespeare Project
- Tinkercad (3D design tool)
- Flipgrid (Video discussion tool)
- GridPals (by Flipgrid)
- How To Share Spark Video with Flipgrid (Blog Post)
- What Does an Instructional Technology Specialist Do? with Rosie Fleming (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Types of Audience for Student Work [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- Quick Ways to Share Student Videos with an Audience (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Ways to Create an Authentic Audience for Students (Blog Post)
- How to Choose an Audience for Student Projects (Blog Post)
- 6 Tips for Connecting Students with an Audience for their Work (Blog Post)