In this episode, author and educational leader Dr. Jennifer Williams joins to discuss the role education technology plays in climate change education. You’ll also hear connections to cross-curricular activities, social-emotional learning, media literacy, and more.
This week’s episode is titled: How EdTech Connects to Climate Change Education With Dr. Jennifer Williams. I am so excited to have Jen join today to unpack this idea of climate change education and explain the role education technology plays. As you’ll hear in the episode, there are lots of connections to cross-curricular activities, social-emotional learning, media literacy, and more. Jen and I first connected on Twitter, have spent lots of time chatting about EdTech at conferences, and I can’t wait for you to learn about her work!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Climate Change Education
- First, think of yourself as a co-learner.
- Next, examine cross-curricular connections.
- Then, strengthen media literacy skills.
- Finally, explore the Goals Project.
Sponsored by Swank K12 Streaming
This episode is sponsored by Swank K-12 Streaming. Swank K-12 Streaming offers exclusive access to a streaming library of over 30,000 movies, documentaries and foreign language films. If you’re not familiar with Swank, they partner with the largest movie studios in the world to provide films like 12 Angry Men, The Great Gatsby, Inside Out and An Inconvenient Truth for teachers to incorporate into their lessons. Swank K-12 Streaming makes it easy for teachers to show movies in the classroom or assign out to students without the challenge of managing DVD players or blocked personal streaming accounts in the classroom. Visit swank.com/k-12-streaming to browse movie collections or email email@example.com for ideas on teaching with movies.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Dr. Jennifer William’s website and book
- Connect with Dr. Jennifer William’s on Twitter
- Take Action Global (TAG)
- The Goals Project
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- United Nations (UN)
- Climate Action Project
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- Bring Environmental Education to Life with Project-Based Learning with James Fester (Podcast Episode)
- How Technology Plays a Role in Environmental Education with Tina Wong (Podcast Episode)
- Reasons to Video Conference with an Expert this Year (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Apps for Teaching Environmental Stewardship (Blog Post)
- The Importance of Supporting Students with Mobile Devices (Podcast Episode)
- Why Engineering Design Might Have a Place in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- How to Support Problem-Based Learning with Augmented Reality (Blog Post)
- Talk About Tough Topics with Virtual Expert Panels (Blog Post)
- Why Design Thinking Has a Place in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- How to Support Healthy Media Use in Your Classroom with Lila Shroff (Podcast Episode)