In this episode we will discuss the power of hosting a video conference with an expert this school year. You will hear reasons to consider setting up a Skype session with a content area expert and stories from trying out this strategy with students in social studies and science classrooms!
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Video Conference with an Expert
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Identify your “why” for bringing an expert to your classroom
- Locate your expert, perhaps using Skype in the Classroom
- Prepare your students for the experience
- Reflect and share with a colleague
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe in iTunes! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Easy EdTech Club (waitlist and/or registration page)
- Instagram tips (blog post)
- My Instagram page (where I post Stories)
- Elephant Sanctuary in TN (we Skyped with them)
- Skype in the Classroom
- Corinth Excavations Educator (expert we Skyped with)
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning for a Tech-Rich Classroom (I share an excerpt in the episode)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)