In this episode, we look at the role of technology in environmental education. You’ll hear from educator Tina Wong as she shares project ideas, resources and plenty of tips for any educator looking to explore the world with their students and make the most of digital tools.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
How Technology Plays a Role in Environmental Education
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Think of ways your students can explore their community
- Ask students to identify problems that need a solution
- Create opportunities for students to share their learning (like a PSA with a stop motion video)
- Encourage students to ask questions about nature and chronicle their learning
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Tina Wong LinkedIn
- Green Stem National Wildlife Federation
- Microsoft Hacking STEM Activity Library
- iNaturalist (website), iNaturalist (GooglePlay), iNaturalist (App Store)
- How to Use Video in Science Projects (feat. Adobe Spark) (Blog Post)
- Reasons to Video Conference with an Expert this Year (Podcast Episode)
- How To Use Explainer Videos in Your Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- Why I’m Exciting about 360 Video in Education (Podcast Episode)
- Student Friendly Podcasts for Classrooms and Families (Blog Post)
- Ways To Use Video Playlists in the Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- How To Use Adobe Spark to Make TikTok Videos (Blog Post)
- Teaching Your Lessons on Instagram Live with Jose Vilson (Podcast Episode)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)