In this episode, I’ll share five tips about curation in the classroom inspired by Chapter 2 of my new book EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments. Curation is all about picking the very best resources and this episode takes you through five things to consider next time you search for resources online.
This week’s podcast episode is titled: 5 Tips for Picking the Best Resources for Your Students [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] and is inspired by Chapter 2 of my new book EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments. If you caught episode 129 last month, that one was called How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] and included an excerpt from chapter one.
Today’s focus is curation which is essential number two in the book, the focus of chapter two. So today I want to share with you a few tips, five to be precise, about curation in the classroom — about how to pick the best resources for your students. Let’s dive into the five tips together!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, extend a lesson with multimedia.
- Next, honor student interest when picking.
- Then, examine representation in what you choose.
- Finally, organize and distribute resources.
Sponsored by Teq
This episode is sponsored by Teq and I’m so excited to partner with them for a webinar series this fall. It’s totally free and you can join one or all four of these webinars covering EdTech topics like creation in the classroom, assessment tips, and more. Register for the event or sign up to view the replays on their website. Just go to otispd.com, click on Upcoming Events, and you’ll find four free webinars you can join. That’s otispd.com You can also send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll make sure to get you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- OTIS for Educators Calendar of Events
- Special Book Bonus Items
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- Useful Tips for Finding Podcasts to Enhance Content with Jeff Glade (Podcast Episode)
- Why You Should Add Wakelet to Your Tool Belt with Rachel Coathup (Podcast Episode)
- How to Curate and Share Curriculum Resources (Podcast Episode)
- How to Make Collections of Photos for Students to Use (Podcast Episode)
- Curate Resources and Create Portfolios with a Free bulb+ Account (Blog Post)
- EdTech Webinars for Teachers: Strategies Paired with Favorite Tools (Blog Post)
- How to Curate Curriculum Resources with Adobe Spark Page (Blog Post)