Summer is here, and you might be wondering how to help families keep kids engaged with high-quality resources during the break. In this episode of the Easy EdTech Podcast, we’ll explore digital summer resource lists for families. You’ll hear four reasons why you might want to make digital resource lists for this summer and some resources to help you get started! This week on the podcast, I share ways that educators can create digital summer resource lists for their students and families.
Summer Resource Lists
Are you looking for a way to make summer learning easier?
Digital resource lists are an easy way to help families stay on track with learning this summer. They can be used as a checklist of what needs to be done and when, or they can serve as a place where you store all the resources that will keep kids engaged in learning over the break. Plus, it’s easier than you might think to share these lists with families and community members!
You don’t have time for hours of research trying to find great digital resources. We’ve got you covered! In this episode we’ll explore four reasons why making digital resource lists is worth your time and some tools that will get you started right away.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Summer Resource Tips
- First, provide value by choosing useful resources.
- Next, strengthen community ties.
- Then, extend the year with extra resources.
- Finally, it’s quicker than you might think..
Sponsored by Kdan Mobile
This episode is sponsored by Markup from Kdan Mobile. Markup is an AI-powered smart reader made for daily reading, academic study, and research. You can use Markup to highlight your favorite sentences, annotate on any PDFs and web pages. And with Markup’s AI-powered Auto Summary, you can get to the key points in seconds. It also synchronizes your notes on your smartphone, tablet, and desktop, so you can continue reading wherever you are! Download Markup and sign up for free today, you will find the download link right here.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Google Sites (Free Web Page Builder)
- Microsoft Sway (Digital storytelling app)
- Adobe Spark for Education (Information on setting up free tools)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Tips for Sharing Online Learning Resources with Families (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create Top Five Lists of Resources for Families (Podcast Episode)
- Storyline Online Youtube Channel
- Read Aloud Videos and Teacher Guides from Storyline Online (Blog Post)
- Student-Friendly Podcasts for Classrooms and Families (Podcast Episode)
- Easy Steps to Create Video Playlists with Spark Page (Blog Post)
- What You Need to Know About Sharing Podcasts with Students (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Favorite Educational YouTube Channels (Blog Post)
- Five Favorite YouTube Channels for Teachers (Podcast episode)
- YouTube Channels to Use in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- Six Things You Might Not Know About Khan Academy (Podcast Episode)
- Markup from Kdan Mobile on Chrome or iOs app (AI-powered smart reader)
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter & EdTech Events and Workshops
- Easy EdTech Club (Sign up & Waitlist)