In this episode we’ll focus on five of my favorite resources on YouTube, specifically five favorite YouTube channels for teachers! You’ll also hear about video resources that you can use to curate video content for students or professional development for teachers.
YouTube is a dynamic online space used in lots of different ways. Although you might hear students talking about making TikTok videos instead of YouTube videos, this is a space for student creators and consumers of all age levels. When someone says I’m going to Google to find the answer, they often use Google interchangeably with a verb, the simple action of searching for something.
You might have heard someone say, “I’ll YouTube it,” or some variation of this phrase. And we know what they mean, that they want to find a video related to their question or their interest. Although heading over to YouTube with a topic in mind is often how we use this space, it’s also important to know what is out there and available. So we can search with a purpose but also have a better understanding of our options.
In today’s episode we’ll tackle the second part of that idea. Yes, you can search with a purpose, but let’s get a better understanding of what is out there and available for us.
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
YouTube Channels for Teachers
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
1. Decide on what type of content you want to share with students
2. Head over to YouTube and search for a user or channel
3. Subscribe to that channel (just like subscribing to a podcast)
4. Share the link to a video with students to explore
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe in iTunes! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book Birthday (information for this year’s celebration)
- Elevate Books (Publisher of 40 Ways to Inject Creativity into the Classroom with Adobe Spark, book I wrote with Ben Forta)
- Youtube (home page)
- TikTok (popular video sharing app)
- Ways to Use Video Playlists in the Classroom (podcast episode)
- Edutopia (Educational Videos)
- Edutopia Youtube Channel (Educational Videos)
- #ASKNASA Youtube Channel (Educational Videos)
- NASA Youtube Channel (Educational Videos)
- Google Classroom
- Read Aloud Videos and Teacher Guides (podcast episode)
- Storyline Online Youtube Channel (Read Alouds)
- How To Use Explainer Videos in Your Classroom (podcast episode)
- National Geographic Youtube Channel
- National Geographic Youtube 101 Series
- TED-Ed Youtube Channel (Education-focused Videos)
- TED Youtube Channel
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)