In this episode, Jeannine Flores shares tips for educators who are getting started with STEAM in their classroom, school, or district. If you are a seasoned STEAM educator you’ll also hear some of Jeannine’s social-emotional learning (SEL) connections and plenty of actionable tips.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
First Steps into STEAM
- Reflect at where you are right now when it comes to STEAM
- Locate a partner or take a step to find one
- Review an upcoming activity or unit to see where STEAM fits in
- Integrate with purpose and see if you can make a standards connection
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Jeannine Flores’ Twitter
- Technology Enhanced Art Learning (TEAL)
- #CaArtsEdChat Every Wednesday
- Soundtrap EDU Summit
- Habits of Mind
- National Core Arts Standards
- STEAM Power: Infusing Arts Into Your STEM Curriculum by Tim Needles
- How Art Fits Into Your STEM Curriculum with Tim Needles (Podcast Episode)
- Classroom STEAM Activities with Educational Robots (Blog Post)
- Learn to Code STEAM Lesson Plans for Every Teacher (Blog Post)
- Ideas and Tech Tools for STEAM Classrooms (Blog Post)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)