In this episode, I share my personal history and experiences using social media for professional learning and connecting with educators. Tune in as I spotlight Threads and a few other social networks as an alternative to Twitter (aka X). You’ll hear about my early experiences and what might make it a strong contender for educators seeking meaningful conversations, ideas, and resources in the world of social media.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Using New Social Media for Educators
- There are lots of options and Threads feels like a standout.
- Be intentional in these spaces for connecting, learning and sharing.
- If you find a great space (like Threads or another app) tell a friend or colleague.
Sponsored by Britannica Expedition: Learn
This episode is sponsored by Britannica Expedition: Learn. We’re always looking for ways to engage our students, spark their curiosity, and foster exploration while ensuring we’re meeting state and national standards. It’s a tall order, and there’s a solution that can help you address these concerns more. Britannica Expedition: Learn! is an innovative platform that integrates engaging, trusted content, personalized subject-specific and literacy instruction, and real-time progress tracking to enrich your curriculum and inspire student success. It’s designed to help students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, media literacy, and communication skills. Plus, it’s built with teachers in mind, offering easy lesson assignments and comprehensive reporting tools. Expedition: Learn can transform classrooms, making learning an exciting journey of discovery. As we navigate new social media for educators, remember that Britannica Expedition: Learn is there to support you in your teaching journey. Learn more at britannicaeducation.com.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Dr. Monica Burns on: Twitter, Threads, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & LinkedIn
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter (Sign up here)
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- Pivot Podcast
- Find ways to connect with Alice Keeler
- 4 Alternatives to Reading Teacher Books for Professional Learning (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Reasons Educators Shouldn’t Ignore TikTok (Podcast Episode)
- Using Tech Tools to Personalize Professional Learning with Allie Rodman (Podcast Episode)
- Why TikTok Might Be Worth a Teacher’s Time (Blog Post.news)
- Why Teachers are Paying Attention to Instagram (Podcast Episode)
- 7 YouTube Tips for Teachers with a Free Download (Blog Post.news)
- The Story Behind Using Podcasts for Professional Development with Amanda Hunt (Podcast Episode)
- How Educators Can Unlock the Power of Instagram (Podcast Episode)
- What it’s Like to Host a Teacher YouTube Channel with Sam Kary (Podcast episode)
- 4 Ways to Replace Your Teacher Book Club (Blog Post.news)
- How Microlearning is Reshaping Professional Development (Podcast Episode)