In this episode, EdTech Coach Debbie Tannenbaum joins for an eye-opening conversation about the importance of icon literacy for successfully navigating digital learning environments. You’ll hear practical strategies for introducing icons to empower students and cultivate a strong sense of agency on their educational journey.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Teaching Icon Literacy
- Set an intention when sharing icons with students.
- Make connections to open-ended creation tools.
- Model for students throughout the school year.
Sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club
This episode is sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club. I open the doors to new members just a few times a year, and you can grab your spot from July 20th to July 31st. It’s a special monthly membership where I share professional learning resources for educators interested and excited about using digital strategies for teaching and learning. Learn more at ClassTechTips.com/Club
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Debbie Tannenbaum’s website
- Connect with Debbie Tannenbaum on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, & email
- Find her books on Amazon:
- TRANSFORM: Techy Notes to Make Learning Sticky & Amplify Learning: A Global Collaborative: Amplifying Instructional Design
- Seesaw (Student-driven Digital Portfolios & ParentCommunication)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- Pear Deck (Student Engagement tool)
- Wix (Website builder)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Flip (Video discussion tool)
- 10-Minute Teacher Podcast
- Teaching Tech Fluency With Icons in Early Childhood Classrooms with Pana Asavavatana (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- How to Promote Student Agency in Digital Spaces (Blog Post)
- The Importance of Supporting Students with Mobile Devices (Podcast Episode)
- Digital Citizenship Lesson Ideas for Students (Blog Post)