How do you use social media in your classroom? In this episode, we explore how our favorite social media platforms can act as inspiration for student projects. You’ll also hear how students can create graphics, write captions, and record videos related to their coursework with student projects inspired by social media!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Student Projects
- Try a “Caption This” activity.
- Make a carousel of tips.
- Share quick info with a short video.
Sponsored by TalkingPoints
Looking for an easy and effective way to stay in touch with all of your families? TalkingPoints, our sponsor today, is the answer and it’s totally free! From translation in 125 languages to sending links, files, photos, and videos with translated captions, it’s much more than just messaging. You can even add quick polls to answer questions that would otherwise end up as lost or crumpled forms in backpacks. Families can use text messaging or download the free TalkingPoints for Families app to benefit from additional features like speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and Ed 101 that helps families understand common educational terms to further break down barriers. TalkingPoints for Teachers is available for free on iOS and Android and you can sign up on the web at www.talkingpts.org/monica.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- TCEA Conference (Details & registration)
- Unsplash (Free High-Quality Photos)
- Edutopia (Educational Articles & Videos)
- Microsoft Flip (Video discussion tool)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Slide creation tool)
- How to Find Photos for Student Projects (Blog Post)
- 9 Favorite Google Slides Tips (Podcast Episode)
- Tech-Friendly First Day of School Activities (Blog Post)
- Setting the Stage for Using Tech in the First Weeks of School (Podcast Episode)
- A Microblogging Lesson Idea and Template You Can Customize (Blog Post)
- How Educators Can Unlock the Power of Instagram (Podcast Episode)
- Creative Challenge for the First Weeks of School (Blog Post)
- 7 Storyboard Examples You Can Use in Any Subject Area (Podcast Episode)
- Instagram Carousel tips for back-to-school & alternatives to teacher book clubs
- Quick Instagram tips for using storyboards & tech-friendly activities
- Find more quick tips & EdTech strategies on Instagram, Twitter & TikTok