In this episode, Katharine Hsu, educator and founder of All the Write Colors, joins for a conversation about how teachers can adapt writing activities to meet the needs and interests of their students. You’ll also hear plenty of creative, flexible, and diverse strategies to motivate and celebrate writers of all skill levels with and without digital tools.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Encouraging Creativity
- Try giving students a chance to write without a prompt.
- Listen to student interests.
- Explore different ways for students to write.
- Use technology tools like voice-to-text.
- Share student creations to celebrate their work.
Sponsored by my Planner Pages
This episode is sponsored by my free weekly planner pages! I’ve created a downloadable set of planner pages for you that you can start using today. It’s a great way to stay organized in the new year or any time you like. Print them out to write in your daily schedule and tasks, or use the file on your tablet or computer to keep track of your to-do list and set your priorities each day. These planner pages are totally free, and you can find them at classtechtips.com/planner
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn more about Katharine Hsu’s work on her website
- Connect with Katharine Hsu on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & LinkedIn
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Vistaprint (Printing service)
- Wix (Website builder)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- How to Use Technology to Support Every Student Writer (Blog Post)
- Help Students Discover the Joy of Writing Stories (Blog Post)
- How to Support Learner Variability with Voice Technology (Blog Post)
- Ways to Support Student Writers With & Without Technology (Blog Post)
- Creating Real Audiences for Student Projects with Jennifer Hall (Podcast Episode)
- How to Easily Create Choice Boards & Honor Student Voice (Blog Post)
- 3 Tech-Friendly Strategies to Boost Student Writing Skills (Blog Post)
- Become a “Hover-Free” Teacher with Choice-Based Instruction with Miriam R. Plotinsky (Podcast Episode)
- 6 Tips for Connecting Students with an Audience for their Work (Blog Post)
- 9 Reasons Why I Love Google Slides (And You Should, Too) (Blog Post)
- Typing Curriculum with Easy Onboarding for Districts and Schools (Blog Post)
- Hundreds of Typing Lessons Free for Back to School (Blog Post)