In this episode, education consultant and fellow FETC featured speaker, Andre Daughty, joins to discuss the impact of teaching and learning with movies in the classroom. You’ll also hear about our upcoming speaking sessions at the FETC and some thoughts about the evolution and future of EdTech.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for using movies in the classroom
- Look through a teaching lens.
- Identify teachable moments.
- Find the hook for students.
- Share a clip intentionally.
- Spark a discussion.
Sponsored by Talking Points
Looking for an easy and effective way to stay in touch with all of your families? TalkingPoints, our sponsor today, is the answer and it’s totally free! From translation in 125 languages to sending links, files, photos, and videos with translated captions, it’s much more than just messaging. You can even add quick polls to answer questions that would otherwise end up as lost or crumpled forms in backpacks. Families can use text messaging or download the free TalkingPoints for Families app to benefit from additional features like speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and Ed 101 that helps families understand common educational terms to further break down barriers. TalkingPoints for Teachers is available for free on iOS and Android and you can signup on the web at www.talkingpts.org/monica.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Andre Daughty’s website, YouTube, & FETC Speaking Schedule
- Connect with Andre Daughty on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or send him an email
- Monica’s FETC Speaking Schedule
- National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
- Sharing EdTech Tips at the FETC Conference with Trafera (Blog Post)
- More Engaging Video Learning 6 Strategies That Work (Blog Post)
- How Virtual Field Trips Can Foster Curiosity (Blog Post)
- 10 Virtual Reality Field Trips for Earth Day (Blog Post)
- 25 Reasons To Use TED-Ed In Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- How to Use Video Playlists to Differentiate Instruction (Blog Post)
- Movies for Every Subject Area: Creating Active Learning Through Film (Blog Post)
- Ways to Use Video Playlists in the Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- Why I’m Exciting about 360 Video in Education (Podcast Episode)
- How to Quickly Access Movies to Share with Students (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)
- The Benefits of Using Moviemaking in Your Classroom with Jessica Pack (Podcast Episode)