In this episode, we’ll dive into how educators can use virtual reality resources in a meaningful way to transport students to different corners of the world. You’ll also hear about how to access totally free digital VR tools to explore with 360 video, interactive panoramas, and more!
This week’s episode is titled How to Remove the Fluff and Use Virtual Reality in a Meaningful Way. I love introducing virtual reality resources to teachers and students. With so many low cost and totally free ways to transport students to different corners of the world, the possibilities are truly endless. So today we’ll focus on the intentions, and how to make sure virtual reality resources go beyond the “fluff” and “flashy,” so that it’s used in a meaningful way.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Virtual Reality Tips
- First, identify your intention for introducing virtual reality.
- Next, find a piece of content to share like a 360 image, 360 video, or interactive panorama.
- Then,choose a few questions that will spark discussion.
- Finally, give students an opportunity to talk with their classmates.
Sponsored by Hāpara
This episode is sponsored by Hāpara. Students need access to a wide variety of content for learning. Open educational resources provide the opportunity for students to learn everything from multiple perspectives using the highest quality, up to date content. And Hāpara’s Student Dashboard Digital Backpack is the only K-12 digital tool that provides a way for schools to distribute it seamlessly whether students are one to one in the classroom or learning from home. Visit https://hapara.com/digital-backpack/ to learn how to get started with OER in your school.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Google Arts and Culture
- EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments
- Exploring the World With Virtual Field Trips [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- How Virtual Field Trips Can Foster Curiosity (Blog Post)
- Benefits of Virtual Reality in Schools (Blog Post)
- Quick Strategies for Virtual Walking Tours (Podcast Episode)
- Virtual Field Trip for Students: A Tour of Washington, D.C. (Blog Post)
- Using Virtual Reality Without a Headset (Podcast Episode)
- Tips for Virtual Reality in Pre-K (Blog Post)
- Wonders of the World Virtual Reality Videos for Students (Blog Post)
- Inspiring Readers and Writers with Virtual Reality: Point of View Activity (Blog Post)
- Virtual Reality Education Spotlight: Parks Explorer Classroom Field Trip (Blog Post)
- 15 Fantastic Virtual Reality in Education Resources (Blog Post)
- London Virtual Reality: 360 Video Tour for Students (Blog Post)
- 4 Ways Virtual Field Trips Can Enhance Social Studies Lessons (Blog Post)
- 360 Video Spotlight: Mount Everest Virtual Reality from LIFE VR (Blog Post)
- 7 Favorite Nearpod Virtual Reality Lessons (Blog Post)
- Virtual Reality Classroom Discussion Prompts (Podcast Episode)
- 360 Video Spotlight: Museum of Natural History Virtual Reality (Blog Post)