In this EdTech Essentials Spotlight, I’ll share tips on how to explore the world with virtual reality that come straight from my new book. You’ll hear about how a virtual field trip can help students wonder, ask questions, and become curious about the world around them.
This week’s podcast is titled: Exploring the World With Virtual Field Trips [EdTech Essentials Spotlight]. Similar to episodes 129 (How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces) and 132 (5 Tips for Curating Resources) this includes some highlights from my new book EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments. Today’s episode explores one of the topics in Chapter 3, Chapter 3’s big word is EXPLORE, and it includes ideas for exploring the world with virtual field trips and a short excerpt from the book. Let’s dive in!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Virtual Field Trips
- First, provide space for students to wonder about the world.
- Next, explore 360 panoramas and interactive maps.
- Then, ask questions to prompt a discussion.
- Finally, choose VR that helps build background knowledge.
Sponsored by Levered Learning
This episode is sponsored by Levered Learning, a 21st century instructional system for elementary math. Created by educators to provide just the right level of support and challenge for every student. Levered gives teachers the ability to create personalized learning paths using real-time data on student progress, tools to support intervention and enrichment. Levered’s individualized online math curriculum is proven to increase learning growth by 70% on state testing in the first year of implementation. Learn more at levered.com!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- EdTech Essentials: A Sneak Peek Inside My New Book (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Tips for Picking the Best Resources for Your Students [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- Google Arts & Culture website & app
- Why I’m Exciting about 360 Video in Education (Podcast Episode)
- Virtual Reality Classroom Discussion Prompts (Podcast Episode)
- Quick Strategies for Virtual Walking Tours (Podcast Episode)
- Virtual Field Trip for Students: A Tour of Washington, D.C. (Blog Post)
- Virtual Reality Education Spotlight: Parks Explorer Classroom Field Trip (Blog Post)
- Using Virtual Reality Without a Headset (Podcast Episode)
- 360 Video Spotlight: Museum of Natural History Virtual Reality (Blog Post)
- Tips for Virtual Reality in Pre-K (Blog Post)
- Wonders of the World Virtual Reality Videos for Students (Blog Post)
- Inspiring Readers and Writers with Virtual Reality: Point of View Activity (Blog Post)
- 7 Favorite Nearpod Virtual Reality Lessons (Blog Post)
- 15 Fantastic Virtual Reality in Education Resources (Blog Post)
- London Virtual Reality: 360 Video Tour for Students (Blog Post)
- 4 Ways Virtual Field Trips Can Enhance Social Studies Lessons (Blog Post)
- 360 Video Spotlight: Mount Everest Virtual Reality from LIFE VR (Blog Post)
- YouTube Channels to Use in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- 7 YouTube Tips for Teachers with a Free Download (Blog Post)