In this episode, I’m joined by educator and author Dr. Sarah Thomas, to discuss the role of a regional tech coordinator. You’ll also hear tips on professional learning and leadership opportunities for educators beyond the classroom.
This week’s podcast is titled: What Does a Regional Tech Coordinator Do? with Dr. Sarah Thomas and I’m so excited to have Sarah on the podcast. We connected a long time ago on social media through Twitter. We’ve spent time together catching up at conferences and she has such an amazing perspective on education and on running an education business. Let’s dive into the conversation!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tech Coordinator Tips
- First, think about how capacity for PD has changed this year.
- Next, leverage the ways your colleagues use EdTech already.
- Then, get connected with larger communities on social media
- Finally, dedicate time to becoming a lifelong learner yourself.
Sponsored by Levered Learning
This episode is sponsored by Levered Learning, a 21st century instructional system for elementary math. Created by educators to provide just the right level of support and challenge for every student. Levered gives teachers the ability to create personalized learning paths using real-time data on student progress, tools to support intervention and enrichment. Levered’s individualized online math curriculum is proven to increase learning growth by 70% on state testing in the first year of implementation. Learn more at levered.com!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Dr. Sarah Thomas on Twitter and Instagram
- Check out Dr. Sarah Thomas‘ websites: edumatch.org | edumatchpublishing.com | edumatchfoundation.org | edumatchlearning.com
- Find Dr. Sarah Thomas’ book on Amazon or ISTE
- Browse books published by Edumatch
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- How to Create Instructional Videos with Flipgrid Shorts (Podcast Episode)
- Voxer (Voice Communication App)
- What Educators Need to Know About Clubhouse with Marlena Gross-Taylor (Podcast Episode)
- ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators
- Free STEM Professional Development Opportunity for Teachers (Blog Post)
- 10 Tools Every Coach Can Use Tomorrow (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Ways Coaches Can Support Teachers (Podcast Episode)
- Tips for Coaches Tackling Remote Learning with Martine Brown (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Have Tech Tools for Instructional Coaches (Podcast Episode)
- Strategies for Coaching Educators in the Digital World (Blog Post)
- More Engaging Video Learning: 6 Strategies That Work (Blog Post)
- Creating a Professional Portfolio with Spark Page (Blog Post)