In this episode, I’ll share three strategies educators can use to support their colleagues this school year. You’ll also hear about favorite tools that go along with each strategy to help anyone, including coaches, support teachers and colleagues during distance learning, hybrid learning, and face-to-face teaching.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
From the transcript: Well, today’s new episode of the Easy EdTech podcast is titled Three Ways coaches can Support Teachers. I’m going to go through three of my favorite ways for anyone in education to support their colleagues. So I use the term coaches today really as an all encompassing way to describe someone who takes on the role, whether they have it officially in their title or whether they are just that person to their group of colleagues that offers support to others.
So you might be the person that people are asking questions to. You might be someone who is getting emails with requests, or you might just be someone who is really going out and about trying to support your colleagues as best as you can.
So the three ways we’re going to look at together today are hopefully going to make your life easier, streamline some of the ways that you already are helping educators in your community, giving you some systems to consider. But then of course, working with that end goal of mine, of really supporting the group of educators that you work with. So helping make their lives a little bit easier as well. Let’s jump into this list of three ways coaches can support teachers with our first one, creating collections. Listen to the rest on the episode.
Ways Coaches Can Support Teachers
- Decide on the best way to help
- Set up a support system like collections, responses or a video library
- Ask for input to see if your strategies are effective
- Reflect and pivot as needed throughout the school year
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Monica’s EdTech Bundle
- Loom (Video Messaging tool)
- QuickTime (Multimedia platform)
- Wakelet (Content Management and Collaboration tool)
- Schoology (K-12 learning management system)
- Google Classroom (Content Management and Collaboration tool)
- Microsoft Teams (Collaboration tool)
- Screencastify (Screen Recorder tool)
- Google Slides (Interactive presentation software)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- Sharing Adobe Spark Creations with Google Slides (Blog Post)
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- Microsoft Teams for Collaboration and Feedback (Blog Post)
- Google Drive (Free file storage and synchronization service)
- 6 Ways to Use Adobe Spark with Google Classroom (Blog Post)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)