In this episode, Dr. Erin Chaparro joins to chat about the benefits of using Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS) with students of all ages across the subject areas. You’ll also hear how to use visual thinking strategies in your classroom plus how to access free virtual and augmented reality resources to make this happen!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Visual Thinking Strategies Tips
- Focus on the task.
- Examine “return on time” investment.
- Look at what your favorite tools already do.
- Figure out if a tool works for your goals
Sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide
This episode is sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide on Classroom Technology Tips. Have you seen this yet? Although I love books, a Quick Reference Guide or QRG is a perfect way to get lots of information and have a handy resource to refer to. It’s laminated, just six panels and even three-hole punched in case you’re rocking a Trapper Keeper or have a favorite binder full of professional learning ideas. Learn more at ClassTechTips.com/Books, or go to Amazon and type in my name Monica Burns. You’ll have to scroll past the romance novels written by someone with the same name, but I promise you’ll find the QRGs there, too.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Check out Dr. Erin Chaparro’s website and Edutopia article
- Follow Dr. Erin Chaparro on Twitter and Instagram
- MOMA education director who developed VTS
- The Stellar Project
- Introduction to ‘What’s Going On in This Picture?’
- McREL International
- The STELLAR Project
- Institute of Education Sciences
- MoMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- San Diego Museum of Art (Augmented reality resource)
- 10 Virtual Reality Field Trips for Earth Day (Blog Post)
- How to Support Healthy Media Use in Your Classroom with Lila Shroff (Podcast Episode)
- How to Remove the Fluff and Use Virtual Reality in a Meaningful Way (Podcast Episode)
- Incorporating Creativity and Visuals in Tech-Friendly Projects with Al Thomas (Podcast Episode)
- Promote Critical Thinking with Virtual Reality Discussion Prompts (Blog Post)
- How To Use Augmented Reality in Any Subject Area (Blog Post)
- How Virtual Field Trips Can Foster Curiosity (Blog Post)
- Simple Augmented Reality Apps for Kids (Podcast Episode)
- Benefits of Virtual Reality in Schools (Blog Post)
- How to Lead Conversations About Media Use with Students (Blog Post)
- 15 Fantastic Virtual Reality in Education Resources (Blog Post)
- 360 Video Spotlight: Museum of Natural History Virtual Reality (Blog Post)