In this episode, Microsoft Education product manager Mike Tholfsen joins to share the story behind Reading Progress, a new Microsoft Teams app that is free for teachers. You’ll hear what Reading Progress can do to transform literacy instruction and assessment.
Reading Fluency App
I’m excited to have Mike Tholfsen on the show for a special bonus episode. He provides fantastic insight and a behind-the-scenes look at the Reading Progress tool.
If you read my blog post featuring this tool, I shared how I was holding back tears when I first saw this. And I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever felt this way about an EdTech product. As a classroom teacher, I always wanted to hear my students read independently. There is now a reading fluency app to help tackle these challenges and support growing readers.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Independent Reading
- First, reflect on your current routines for supporting readers.
- Next, check out Reading Progress and all of its features.
- Then, create an experience for students to try out this tool.
- Finally, review the data you collect from student readers.
Sponsored by Microsoft Education
This episode is sponsored by Microsoft Education and I’m so excited to partner with them this summer. Have you seen the new Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams? It’s totally free and will transform the way you think about reading fluency. I was completely blown away when I saw Reading Progress in action and I know you will be too. Just go to https://aka.ms/ReadingProgressPP to find out more about the free Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams. You can also send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll make sure to get you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn all about Reading Progress by Microsoft Education
- Mike’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with Mike Tholfsen on Twitter
- Educator Insights Premium in Microsoft Teams
- Reading Progress: A Reading Fluency App in Microsoft Teams (Blog Post)
- Microsoft Immersive Reader
- MS Sway (Digital storytelling app)
- Microsoft Education (Learning Management Tools)
- Microsoft Educator Community (Professional Development)
- An Insider Look at Microsoft’s Education Resources with Dr. Natasha Rachell (Podcast Episode)
- Remote Learning Webinars and Community from Microsoft Education (Blog Post)
- Rethink Formative Assessment with Microsoft Forms (Blog Post)
- Quick Tips for Microsoft Distance Learning Tools (Blog Post)
- Microsoft Teams for Collaboration and Feedback (Blog Post)
- Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook for Students (Blog Post)
- Hacking STEM Activity Library