Apps for higher order thinking can be a great push for your students to explain their thinking and create their own digital portfolio items. Apps that focus on higher order thinking can help your students start using focused thought processes to address new questions, investigations, and basic HOTS skills.
Each of these apps can be used to complement and execute Bloom’s Higher Order of Thinking framework, focusing on analyzing, evaluating, and creating. With these high order thinking apps, you can focus your students on:
- raising questions vital to discussion
- gathering and assessing information systematically
- testing conclusions against criteria
- thinking with an open mind about alternative theories and solutions
- communicating complex ideas effectively
14 Best Apps for Higher Order Thinking
- Tellagami for Story Telling
- Film Your Own Persuasive PSAs
- Student Created Podcasts
- SnapGuide for How-Tos
- Pic Collage to Make iPad Posters
- Social Studies Slogans: Make Your Own Memes
- Toontastic for Story Telling
- Famous Faces: Funny Movie Maker
- Record Your Work Using Doceri
- iPad Project: Resume Builder
- Haiku Deck for Small Presentations
- TinyTap to Create Games
- Scribble My Story
- Show and Explain Your Work
Join the ClassTechTips.com newsletter!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and special messages... and you'll get INSTANT access to my eBooks, freebies and more!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)