In this episode, tune in for an inspiring conversation with Speech and Language Pathologist Kim Zajac about how student-driven play can unlock creativity and empower young minds. You’ll discover a toolbox of ideas, resources, and tech-connections to bring more playfulness and curiosity into your classroom. If you’re looking to make learning an adventure for your students, this episode is for you!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Student-Driven Play
- Create space that invites curiosity.
- Honor the process during creative learning experiences.
- Ask students “What if…” to establish curiosity and creativity as norms in your classroom or school.
SPONSORED BY MY AI IN EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP
This episode is sponsored by my AI in Education Membership. Curious about artificial intelligence in education? Designed for teachers and educators passionate about staying ahead of the curve, this membership offers a comprehensive and curated monthly experience that will keep you up-to-date on the latest trends in artificial intelligence and tools for the classroom. Join now and click here to learn more.
FOLLOW & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Kim Zajac & learn more about her work via Linktree
- Follow Kim Zajac on Twitter, Instagram & Threads
- Person-Centered Focus on Function: Social Communication Disorder
- Learner Variability Navigator
- Innovators’ Compass
- TWENTY ONE TOYS The Empathy Toy
- Critical Creativity in Action: Teacher’s Manual
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Google for Education (Digital learning tools)
- Free Adobe Express Templates for Student Creativity Challenge (Blog Post)
- Must-Try Tips for Creating Review Games with Lauren Hawkins (Podcast Episode)
- 9 Reasons Why I Love Google Slides (And You Should, Too) (Blog Post)
- How Games Can Make Learning Stick (Podcast Episode)
- 12 Creative and Tech-Friendly Assessment Ideas (Blog Post)
- Writing Without Limits Strategies for Encouraging Creativity with Katharine Hsu (Podcast Episode)
- Creative Challenge for the First Weeks of School (Blog Post)
- Using EdTech for Calm, Coping, and Creativity with Lisa Johnson (Podcast Episode)