In this episode, we look at how to check for understanding when sharing videos with students. You’ll hear practical tips and strategies for keeping your students engaged and ensuring they grasp the information presented in this dynamic and interactive format.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Sharing Videos with Students
- Embed questions into a video.
- Pause for a Turn and Talk.
- Use a Stop and Jot to respond.
- Ask students to respond on video.
- Use questions as a journal prompt.
Sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT
This episode is sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT! It’s called “60+ Must-Try ChatGPT Prompts for Teachers” and it’s full of ideas that will save you oodles of time. To grab the free ebook, go to ClassTechTips.com/ChatGPTbook. That’s my website, ClassTechTips.com/ChatGPTbook.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Monica Burns on Instagram
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter & EdTech Events and Workshops
- Edpuzzle (Interactive video lesson creator)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Flocabulary (Hip-hop videos & Instructional activities)
- BrainPOP (Explainer Videos & Activities)
- Microsoft Flip (Video discussion tool)
- Seesaw (Student-driven Digital Portfolios & ParentCommunication)
- Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook for Students (Blog Post)
- Boost Student Writing During Be An Author Month (Blog Post)
- 7 YouTube Tips for Teachers with a Free Download (Blog Post)
- How to Quickly Create Narrated Videos (Blog Post)
- 10 Favorite Educational YouTube Channels (Blog Post)
- Making a video interactive with Nearpod (YouTube video)
- More Engaging Video Learning 6 Strategies That Work (Blog Post)
- Connecting Flipped Learning to Differentiated Instruction with Martha Ramirez & Carolina R. Buitrago (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Try Tips for Adding Questions to a Video Lesson (Blog Post)
- Use Digital Videos for Assessment and Engagement with Screencastify (Blog Post)
- How to Boost Productivity with Creative Journaling with Nichole Carter (Podcast Episode)