In this episode, author and educational leader, Rae Hughart, shares tips for what school leaders should consider before choosing EdTech tools for their school. You’ll also hear about her work with Teach Better and how they support educators to develop their passions to positively impact their school community.
This week’s episode is titled: What School Leaders Should Consider Before Choosing EdTech Tools with Rae Hughart. I’m so excited to have Rae join me on the podcast today. I had the chance to join her on her podcast in the past and we spend some time together at conferences in real life like you’ll hear us talk about in today’s episode. I reached out to Rae to ask her to come on the Easy EdTech Podcast today because I wanted to focus in on this idea of choosing EdTech tools.
It’s a time of year where we’re making a lot of choices, about the second half of the school year and I thought it would be a good time to do almost a reset with Rae today and talk about some of her tips for what school leaders should consider before choosing EdTech tools. Now just like every interview episode I’ll include plenty of links to connect with Rae and learn more about her work on the show notes page which you can find by clicking on the link wherever you’re listening to today’s episode. So let’s jump into this conversation!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Choosing EdTech Tools
- First, have a long term vision.
- Next, identify what problem you are trying to solve.
- Then, create a collaborative environment.
- Finally, start with a pilot group.
Sponsored by Easy EdTech Club
This episode is sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club! It’s for tech-friendly teachers and coaches who want quick ideas to save time and use digital tools with intention. The Easy EdTech Club is a monthly membership designed to help educators (like you!) dive into one EdTech topic each month and get access to exclusive resources. Doors open up to new members in 2022 so make sure to grab a spot on the waitlist, head to ClassTechTips.com/CLUB
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Rae Hughart on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Find Rae Hughart’s Teach Better Book and Teachers Deserve It Book on Amazon
- Take a peek at Rae Hughart’s TEDx Talk: Better Than Youtube
- Check out the Teach Better website and podcast
- Learn about the Teach Better conference and academy
- Follow the Teach Better team on Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
- Association of Illinois Middle Grade Schools (AIMS)
- EdTech Tools for Your Classroom
- Must-Have Productivity Tools for Teachers (Podcast Episode)
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- Ideas and Tech Tools for STEAM Classrooms (Blog Post)
- 10 Little-Known Google-Friendly Tools You Need to Know About with Eric Curts (Podcast Episode)