In this episode we’ll discuss ideas for bringing your read alouds to life with technology in your classroom — in any subject area. You will hear tech-friendly tips to engage your reader’s attention, imagination and creativity as they interact with the text!
This week’s podcast is titled “Tech Tips for Your Next Read Aloud.“ Although we sometimes think of read alouds as something for the elementary crowd, read alouds can serve a purpose across grade levels and different subject areas. If you are looking for more reading resources, episode 11 “Creating Online Spaces for Book Clubs” and episode 7 “Read Aloud Videos and Teacher Guides,” might be worth checking out too.
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Tech-Friendly Read Alouds
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Review your upcoming reading goals for students
- Choose a strategy that can help address these goals
- Plan around logistics like the type of device and resources you’ll need
- After the lesson, reflect on the experience and anything you would change
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe in iTunes! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom
- Google Hangouts
- Google Classroom
- Oceanhouse Media
- Adobe Sketch
- ChatterPix Kids
- Tweeting the Read-Aloud: Engaging and Motivating Readers
- 7 Tech Tips for Your Next Read-Aloud