Do you love free apps? My last two years in the classroom were teaching with completely free iPad apps. I know the feeling when you find an amazing app that’s totally free! If you’re using iPads with your students you’ll love this list of free iBooks for K-12 students. This list includes interactive, multi-touch books and ePubs that are available in the iBookstore.
Instead of heading to the Apple App Store, you’ll open up the iBooks app on your iPad and search these titles to download. You can also click on the link below and go straight to the iBookstore to learn more about each one. Of course, I have to add the disclaimer that these iBooks were totally free when I added them to this list. Just like apps in the App Store sometimes developers and publishers change their prices. Feel free to comment below if one on the list is no longer free – or if you have another free favorite you’d like to share!
Check out these 11 free iBooks available for iPads!
- Fruit Fruta: This delightfully simple picture book will help students learn the names of fruits in both English and Spanish.
- Kids vs Rain: Where Does Rain Come From? This multi-touch, interactive iBook is a great choice for early learners.
- Wheels on the Bus: Colorful and musical, this iBook is a great addition to an iPad reading library.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer: You can find many classics for free in the iBookstore including this Mark Twain favorite.
- Do You Know Parrots? A great nonfiction choice for a digital reading library.
- Sam the Fearless Shark: This colorful book is just one in a series of free iBooks.
- Tongue Twisters for Kids: Super fun choice for a poetry unit or independent readers.
- Toy Story: Woody’s Aqua Adventures: This Disney iBook includes lots of familiar and favorite characters.
- Kids vs Planets: The Solar System Explained: Full of fun information on the planets, kids will explore science concepts as they turn each page.
- Sharks: This nonfiction selection has lots of facts about one of my favorite marine creatures.
- Rumpelstiltskin: This fairytale reads aloud to students so they can explore this classic story.
Share your favorite in the comment section below!
Grab the Guide of Favorites!
Quick tips and favorite EdTech tools for readers and writers!
Enter your information for your free guide - it will arrive instantly in your inbox.
This special guide includes:
- a poster of reading EdTech tools
- activities you can use right away
- spotlight EdTech tools
- and more!
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com
When you click below I'll also add you to my list for periodic messages over the course of the year.