It’s time for Round 3 of the Edcite Olympic Games series! The folks at Edcite have shared assignments about Olympians who persevered when faced with obstacles. It’s also a great way to engage students in standards-based ELA and math practice and teach them to never give up.
In case Edcite is new to you, it’s a free platform. Edcite offers an extensive library full of teacher-created assignments, regardless of grade level. The assignments certainly use technology-enhanced question types, engaging texts, and multimedia.
ELA & Math Practice Assignments
Give one of these ELA and math practice assignments to students today, just in time for the approaching Summer Olympics!
- “Olympian Never Gives Up” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Kerri Strug and the Vault” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Olympic Hero Jesse Owens” (Middle School ELA – reading information and writing assignment)
- “MS Math Olympics Assignment – Perseverance” (Middle School Math – speed and distance assignment)
- “Understanding the Power of the Paralympic Movement” (High School ELA – multimedia assignment)
- “HS Math Olympics Assignment – Will It Happen Again?” (High School Math – probability assignment)
Regardless of your grade level, I encourage you to check out these resources!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)