It’s time for Round 3 of the Edcite Olympic Games series! The folks at Edcite have shared assignments about Olympians who persevered when faced with obstacles. It’s also a great way to engage students in standards-based ELA and math practice and teach them to never give up.
In case Edcite is new to you, it’s a free platform. Edcite offers an extensive library full of teacher-created assignments, regardless of grade level. The assignments certainly use technology-enhanced question types, engaging texts, and multimedia.
ELA & Math Practice Assignments
Give one of these ELA and math practice assignments to students today, just in time for the approaching Summer Olympics!
- “Olympian Never Gives Up” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Kerri Strug and the Vault” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Olympic Hero Jesse Owens” (Middle School ELA – reading information and writing assignment)
- “MS Math Olympics Assignment – Perseverance” (Middle School Math – speed and distance assignment)
- “Understanding the Power of the Paralympic Movement” (High School ELA – multimedia assignment)
- “HS Math Olympics Assignment – Will It Happen Again?” (High School Math – probability assignment)
Regardless of your grade level, I encourage you to check out these resources!