In this episode, educator Caroline Haebig joins to unpack Maker Learning culture and share resources for building a makerspace from the ground up. You’ll hear tips for using the Design Thinking process and how to connect students to an authentic audience!
This week’s podcast is titled: How To Build Your Makerspace from the Ground Up with Caroline Haebig. I am so excited to have Caroline on the podcast today. We first met in 2013 as fellow Apple Distinguished Educators, were both part of the 2013 class of ADEs and so we’ve known each other for a long time and when Caroline’s new book came out this past year I knew I had to get her on the podcast to talk all about Makerspaces, Maker Learning and design thinking! You’re going to learn so much from our conversation, I just can’t wait for you to listen in.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Makerspaces
- First, focus on your why.
- Next, bring learners into the design process.
- Then, make authentic connections.
- Finally, start small and establish a foundation.
Sponsored by AMD
This episode is sponsored by AMD with a reminder about the LenovoEDU Community. Join this free platform to connect with education experts and watch inspiring, one-of-a-kind video content with your learners. Don’t forget to check out some exclusive blog posts I put together for them. Head over to education.Lenovo.com to sign up for free!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Caroline Haebig on Twitter
- Check out The Maker Playbook Facebook page
- Grab Caroline Haebig’s book on Amazon
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- ISTE Blog
- Online Project-Based Learning for Classrooms & Distance Learning (Blog Post)
- How to Integrate Project-Based STEM Challenges into Your Teaching (Blog Post)
- 6 Creative Tools for Project-Based Learning (Blog Post)
- Tips for Project-Based Learning in Elementary & Middle School (Blog Post)
- Defined STEM Project-Based Learning Tasks (Blog Post)
- Project-Based Learning Activities with Project Pals (Blog Post)
- Check for Understanding During Project-Based Learning Experiences (Blog Post)