In this episode, EdTech leader and ISTE author Dr. Ashley McBride joins to discuss strategies for supporting teachers in the role of an EdTech coach. You’ll also hear about some of the resources you can find in her book The EdTech Coach Primer.
This week’s podcast is titled: Supporting Teachers as an EdTech Coach with Dr. Ashley McBride. Ashley is an ISTE author, and in today’s episode we talk about some of the resources you can find in her book The EdTech Coach Primer. This episode isn’t just for coaches, it’s for anyone who works with coaches, is being coached themselves, or thinking about becoming a coach. Let’s dive into the conversation with Ashley!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
EdTech Coaching Tips
- First, review ISTE standards.
- Next, lead with questions.
- Then, personalize teacher support.
- Finally, organize PD around specific goals.
Sponsored by Teq
This episode is sponsored by Teq and I’m so excited to partner with them for a webinar series this fall. It’s totally free and you can join one or all four of these webinars covering EdTech topics like creation in the classroom, assessment tips, and more. Register for the event or sign up to view the replays on their website. Just go to otispd.com, click on Upcoming Events, and you’ll find four free webinars you can join. That’s otispd.com You can also send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll make sure to get you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Dr. Ashley McBride’s book
- Listen to Dr. Ashley McBride’s podcast on iTunes or Podbean
- Follow Dr. Ashley McBride on Twitter
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter, EdTech Events and Workshops & Free EdTech Tools for Your Classroom
- Special Book Bonus Items
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- Tips For Coaches Tackling Remote Learning with Martine Brown (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Tools Every Coach Can Use Tomorrow (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Ways Coaches Can Support Teachers (Podcast Episode)
- Tips for Coaches Tackling Remote Learning with Martine Brown (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Have Tech Tools for Instructional Coaches (Podcast Episode)
- Strategies for Coaching Educators in the Digital World (Blog Post)