There is something exciting happening this month, thanks to my friends at 3DBear! They are hosting a special ISTE Conference promotion and a special giveaway for folks who aren’t attending the conference this year. So if you haven’t checked out these opportunities yet, you are in for a treat!
Augmented Reality App
3DBear is an open-ended creation tool with endless possibilities for classroom use. Students might redesign your school using 3DBear as they explore concepts in geometry. They could also reenact historical scenes in the social studies classroom using the figures in 3DBear — or ones they’ve created themselves too. There are lots of ways to use this open-ended augmented reality app in the classroom. You might have seen my blog posts from earlier this year featuring 3DBear in action. Here are the links to learn more:
- Augmented Reality Lesson Spotlight: Bring Nutrition to Life
- Tell a Wintertime Story Using Augmented Reality
So with the ISTE Conference less than a week away, I can’t wait to share this news! There are two promotions 3DBear is running for educators this year. The first is for folks who plan to attend the ISTE Conference and are ready for a special challenge. The second opportunity is for the #NotAtISTE crowd who aren’t attending this year’s event. Let’s jump into the first promotion from 3DBear.
ISTE Challenge from 3DBear
The full ISTE challenge from 3DBear is outlined on this page. Essentially you have to follow a few steps that include trying out 3DBear at the conference, finding folks who love 3DBear too, and posting pictures on Twitter. If you participate and stop by the booth, you’ll automatically get 3DBear swag!
Here’s what you have to do:
- Download the 3DBear app and sign up for the free trial.
- Find any three 3DBear ambassadors (including me!) and snap a picture with the 3DBear app. You can find the full list of ambassadors (and their schedule) is right here on this page.
- Post three photos on Twitter and include the hashtag #ISTE19 and @3DBearOfficial’s account too.
- Head over to 3DBear’s booth to claim your “bag of swag.” This will enter you to win their grand prize. It includes: (1) a one-year school subscription to 3DBear, (2) a coordinated collaborative project with your class and a class in Finland, (3) iPad, (4) autographed copy of Learning Transported: Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality for ALL Classrooms by Jaime Donally
3DBear Opportunity for Everyone
If you don’t have the ISTE Conference on your schedule this year, the folks at 3DBear have something for you too! You can access their special download: The Seven Steps for Implementing Design Thinking in Your Classroom right here. And 3DBear will also give you access to a free 90-day classroom subscription. This way, you can try out their excellent augmented reality tool this summer and bring it to your students when school starts for the upcoming school year!
So if you’re heading to the ISTE, I hope you’ll check out this awesome challenge. Remember, you can find all of the details for the challenge right here on this page. But if the ISTE Conference isn’t on your schedule, don’t miss out on their special download and free trial!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)