In this episode we’ll discuss your role in helping students make connections to the authentic experiences they have online while exploring subjects and topics that may come up in your classroom. You’ll hear several essential ideas to consider while designing learning with digital networks in mind as well as some EdTech resources to get you started!
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Building Digital Networks
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
1. Identify you “why” for bringing this type of activity to your students
2. Determine your focus, such as concise comments or call to actions
3. Share examples and non-examples with students
4. Reflect on the process and make a plan to share with another educator
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe in iTunes! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book Birthday (information for this year’s celebration)
- Elevate Books (Publisher of 40 Ways to Inject Creativity into the Classroom with Adobe Spark, book I wrote with Ben Forta)
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom (my book from ASCD)
- Up First By NPR (Podcast example)
- Student Friendly Podcasts for Classrooms and Families (blog post and podcast episode)
- How to Create Digital Portfolios with Spark Page (blog post)
- Embracing a Task Before Apps Mindset (Article for ASCD)
- Adobe Spark for Education
- Schoology (K-12 learning management system)
- Adobe Spark (information on setting up the free tools)
- Book Creator (create ebooks on iPad, Chromebooks and on the web)
- Social Media Platforms: Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)