In this episode we’ll discuss the steps it takes to add captions to student videos. You’ll hear about different captioning resources available to you and your students so you can easily add captions to your video creations this school year!
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Video Captions for Student Videos
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
1. Identify a video project where you can add captions
2. Think about using voice-to-text as an option for captioning
3. Use a planning page to outline one sentence caption per slide
4. Add captions using a tool like Spark Video, Rev, or Quicc
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts (the iPhone app) the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book Birthday (information for this year’s celebration)
- 40 Ways to Inject Creativity into Your Classroom with Adobe Spark (information on the book)
- Adobe Spark Video (the example I shared in the podcast)
- Facebook page with videos (this is where you can use auto-generated captions)
- Instagram (this is where you can see the videos with captions I share in my Instagram stories)
- Easy EdTech Club (mentioned when talking about videos with captions)
- Rev.com (what I use for my Easy EdTech Club Videos)
- Speechnotes (voice-to-text option for when you record)
- Spark Video Planning Pages (with the keyword search graphic organizers)
- Spark for Education (landing page with all of the information for K-12)
These 4 graphic organizers are almost yours!
Enter your email below and the planning pages will arrive in your inbox :)
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com
When you click below I'll also add you to my list for periodic messages over the course of the year.