This weekend I shared some of my favorite tech tools at a SimpleK12 webinar for hundreds of teachers! I love having the opportunity to talk to teachers about some of the amazing technology resources that are available. Whether traveling to schools or sharing favorites virtually, I’ve seen so many teachers excited about the tech tools for communicating with parents on this list.
Here are a few of my favorite tech tools for communicating with parents, you can see them all in the Slideshare presentation below:
- Remind This text messaging tool collects the phone numbers and emails of parents so you don’t have to worry about it. Remind is easy to use and totally device neutral. Families can receive SMS messages on their cell phone or open up messages in the Remind app on their smartphone.
- Seesaw With this digital portfolio tool parents can see what their children accomplished during the school day. It provides a window into classrooms and an easy way to keep parents informed.
- Kinvolved This attendance app helps parents stay in touch with teachers and school – and make sure their children showed up for class on time. Kinvolved is smartphone friendly and a perfect for busy teachers and parents.
- ClassTag With ClassTag teachers can easily schedule parent-teacher conferences. It takes the stress out of scheduling for both teachers and their students’ families.
- ClassDojo This favorite classroom management tool has great options for keeping parents informed. Families can view reports you’ve printed out or they can log in to see information on their children.
- #ScannableTech QR codes and augmented reality are a great way to share student creations with parents. Take digital work off of devices to make it easy for parents to view, or connect extra resources to a scannable QR code.
Do you have a favorite tech tool for communicating with parents? Share it below!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)