Literacy apps for stations are a great use for just a handful of iPads in a classroom. Many teachers ask me what to do with just a handful of iPads. Whether you are in a second grade classroom with two iPads, or a library with five devices, you can create stations for students of all ages. Literacy apps are a great way to fill lots of different needs with just one iPad.
11 iPad Literacy Apps for Stations
Here are a some of my favorite literacy apps for creating reading stations in your classroom – add your favorites to the comments section!
- News-O-Matic (reading and listening with extra activities)
- 7 Little Words (word games)
- Quizzitive (vocabulary game)
- KidEWords (word games)
- Storyline Online (read aloud videos)
- DK Readers (read along books)
- SpellMania (word games)
- World’s Worst Pet (vocabulary games)
- Synopsis (flashcards with games)
- Vocabulary and SpellingCity (word games)
- Avokiddo ABC (alphabet games)
Read this post in Spanish!
And for even more favorites, check out this long list!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)