Literacy apps for stations are a great use for just a handful of iPads in a classroom. Many teachers ask me what to do with just a handful of iPads. Whether you are in a second grade classroom with two iPads, or a library with five devices, you can create stations for students of all ages. Literacy apps are a great way to fill lots of different needs with just one iPad.
11 iPad Literacy Apps for Stations
Here are a some of my favorite literacy apps for creating reading stations in your classroom – add your favorites to the comments section!
- News-O-Matic (reading and listening with extra activities)
- 7 Little Words (word games)
- Quizzitive (vocabulary game)
- KidEWords (word games)
- Storyline Online (read aloud videos)
- DK Readers (read along books)
- SpellMania (word games)
- World’s Worst Pet (vocabulary games)
- Synopsis (flashcards with games)
- Vocabulary and SpellingCity (word games)
- Avokiddo ABC (alphabet games)
Read this post in Spanish!
And for even more favorites, check out this long list!