Earlier this year I shared QuoDeck an interactive learning content creator that promotes game-based learning. QuoDeck is a learning tool that lets teachers create and host content with a few simple steps. Users are able to create interactive learning content all in one place. This content creator includes gamified decks, quizzes, flashcards, assessments, learning games, and more.
I’m always excited about tools that teachers can use to make the learning experience in their classroom engaging and meaningful. If you’re looking to make a case for game-based learning, here are 5 reasons to get started. Already using game-based learning or QuoDeck with you students? Make sure to leave a comment at the end of the article or tweet a link to the page with your reason for incorporating gaming into your instruction.
5 Reasons to Use Game-Based Learning in Your Classroom
1. Highly engaging – Quality game-based learning includes games that highly engage students. When your learners of any age are motivated to dedicate their time to moving through new levels or achieving their goals, they’ll interact with course content at the same time.
2. High retention – Students who are highly engaged interact with content on a deeper level. This helps kids retain what they have learned.
3. Cost effective – QuoDeck’s interactive learning content creator let’s teachers design and customize game-based learning experiences for their students.
4. Repeat Value – Once you’ve created a game, you can use it as many times you want. Students can play a game multiple times as they work to master content.
5. Immediate Learning – Students can recieve immediate feedback as they play each game. Kids can see how they’re progressing over the course of game-play instead of waiting for their teacher to review material or assign a grade.
Interested in exploring game-based learning in your classroom? Visit QuoDeck’s website to learn more about this easy-to-use content creator tool!
5 Tips for Formative Assessment!
Enter your email and the poster will arrive in your inbox :)
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com