In this bonus episode, CEO of Book Creator, Lainey Franks, joins to explore the role of EdTech in creating an inclusive classroom. You’ll also hear actionable tips for using the new remixable graphic organizers and accessibility features in Book Creator to empower students to express their ideas in various modalities for a truly inclusive learning experience.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Creating an Inclusive Classroom
- Create opportunities for students to share at the start of the year.
- Build routines like using portfolios.
- Choose a multimodal tool, like Book Creator.
- Give students choices on how to share their learning.
Sponsored by Book Creator
This episode is sponsored by Book Creator — the simplest, most inclusive way to create content in the classroom. Let’s bring the joy back to school. Sign up for a free account at bookcreator.com and check out the amazing back to school resources they’ve got for you. They are currently offering a special promotion where they are Clearing the List for a select group of teachers. Could that be you? Search ‘Back to School with Book Creator’ or go to bookcreator.com
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn more at Bookcreator.com
- Follow Book Creator on Twitter or Instagram
- Connect with Lainey Franks on Twitter, LinkedIn, or send her an email
- 5 Tips for an Inclusive Classroom This School Year (Book Creator Blog Post)
- Book Creator Transforms Graphic Organizers With Multimedia and Accessibility (Book Creator Blog Post)
- 100+ New Graphic Organizers in Book Creator (Blog Post)
- Starting the School Year with Book Creator Activity Ideas (Blog Post)