Have you heard of the Excellence in Equity Awards? Presented by the American Consortium for Equity in Education, this new set of awards honors the wide range of stakeholders across K-12 education. This includes companies, nonprofits, industry leaders, authors, and all educator roles within schools and districts whose valuable efforts are helping schools achieve equity everywhere.
In today’s blog post, I’ll share more information about the Excellence in Equity Awards, including how to nominate yourself or a fellow educator. Nominations for all Industry and Educator categories are open through July 15, 2022.
The Excellence in Equity Awards
Why should you submit a nomination? Here are a few reasons to get involved with this exciting awards program.
Gain recognition for your work
The Consortium aims to acknowledge, spotlight, and celebrate high-impact work across K-12 education through the Excellence in Equity Awards. This is an expansion of their efforts to keep the K-12 conversation centered on equity and access as a non-negotiable priority for all learners. It also connects to their mission to honor the educators and industry leaders who strive to make this mission a reality.
To meet this objective, all nominees will have their work highlighted, too. Some of these opportunities will include:
- Digital award badges to display on all platforms
- Spotlight content on social media channels
- Invitations to submit article content to the Equity & Access journal
Finalists and winners will receive enhanced recognition, including press release announcements, podcast interviews, complimentary advertising space, and more.
Choose from 28 award categories
The awards program has created an impressive array of categories. This includes awards for companies, products, nonprofits, and organization leaders. There are also distinct categories for educators and schools. See a description of all 28 categories on this page.
Who can nominate?
- Educators from all roles can self-nominate or nominate a peer or colleague. You can submit a nomination for one of 10 different award categories. Each category highlights the work of classroom faculty, support staff, and administrators at the school and district levels.
- Leaders and marketing departments from EdTech, curriculum, and publishing companies can also nominate their products and services.
- Authors can nominate their books in the Best Book for Educators and Best Book for Students categories.
Contribute your voice to the equity discussion
The education discourse in America needs participation from those involved in our schools every day. The Excellence in Equity Awards are set up to identify and amplify stories about the individuals and initiatives that make a difference for students. By sharing your examples and submitting your nominations, you’ll have certainly an opportunity to gain recognition for your work and influence the larger narrative around K-12 schools.
Learn more about the Excellence in Equity Awards
Sponsorship opportunities are still available to companies and organizations. Award program sponsors also receive various media and promotional benefits and ensure that all content and programs remain available to educators at no cost. Contact email@example.com for information.