In this episode, education consultant and school board member Lisa Dabbs joins to discuss the decision-making process of school board members when integrating EdTech in schools. You’ll also hear ways for educators and families to connect with their school board to share ideas and questions around education technology integration.
This week’s episode is titled: How a School Board Member Makes EdTech Decisions with Lisa Dabbs. I’m so excited to have Lisa join me on the podcast today. We first met in 2013, almost ten years ago, as fellow Edutopia bloggers at a summit in California. Lisa has had several roles in education including school principal and consultant supporting new teachers. Today’s episode is all about her current role as a school board member.
Last year, Dr. Sarah Thomas joined to talk about her role as a regional tech coordinator and today’s episode is also role-focused where we’ll discuss the connection between a school board member’s work and EdTech. If there is a role you’d like to learn more about, or a suggestion for someone who can speak about their role, send me a DM on Instagram or Twitter and let me know.
Let’s jump into the conversation with Lisa!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Connecting with Your School Board
- First, find out who is on your school board.
- Next, determine the best way to contact them.
- Then, share how a tool or PD will impact student learning.
- Finally, give updates and ask for support
Sponsored by AMD
This episode is sponsored by AMD with a reminder about the LenovoEDU Community. Join this free platform to connect with education experts and watch inspiring, one-of-a-kind video content with your learners. Don’t forget to check out some exclusive blog posts I put together for them. Head over to education.Lenovo.com to sign up for free!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Lisa Dabbs’ website, book, and YouTube channel
- Follow Lisa Dabbs on Facebook and Pinterest
- Connect with Lisa Dabbs on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Edutopia (Educational videos & PD)
- Clubhouse (Invite-only audio platform iOs app)
- Wisdom (Mentorship app)
- Common Sense Media
- What Does a Regional Tech Coordinator Do? with Dr. Sarah Thomas (Podcast Episode)
- What Is Clubhouse? 15 Clubhouse Tips for Educators on the App (Blog Post)
- How Educators are Using the Exclusive Social Media App Clubhouse (Blog Post)