In this episode I share tips for creating spaces for students (and teachers) to participate in a book club online. Book clubs are great for all ages and all subject areas and completely customizable. You’ll hear about strategies for setting expectations, creating online spaces, and skill building for digital citizenship!
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Choose your focus for the book club and decide on your expectations for students
- Set up the online space for students and post prompts for discussion
- Invite students to the online space you’ve set up and share norms for discussion (you might want to review how students will comment and post)
- Provide time for students to participate and don’t forget to jump into the book discussion too!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to my podcast?I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe in iTunes! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast too.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book Club Invitation: Read, Create & Learn Together!
- How To Share Spark Video with Flipgrid
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
- Podcasting in the Classroom? Here’s a Byte-Sized Option
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)