ThinkCERCA is on a mission to help students build the confidence and skills they need to express their ideas effectively. While at the same time they can become more engaged, empathetic citizens. Its third annual Social Impact Challenge launched last week. This challenge also encourages students to learn about the world of social impact. Students submit their ideas for a business that addresses a problem they see in their community or around the world.
Social Impact Challenge Highlights
- WHAT: A classroom contest that encourages students to pitch their ideas for a for-profit business that addresses a social or environmental challenge.
- WHY: To help students make the connection between the critical thinking skills they are developing in school and how they apply to solving real-world problems. Plus, students will also get the opportunity to receive feedback from seasoned entrepreneurs, plus other great prizes.
- WHEN: Get your class started now! Pitches must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, January 27, 2017.
Here’s how your class can join the challenge:
- Download ThinkCERCA’s Social Impact Challenge packet, featuring grading rubrics, checklists, graphic organizers, and more.
- Help your students develop the necessary background knowledge needed for the Social Impact Challenge by assigning these free and premium reading and writing lessons.
- Using ThinkCERCA’s classroom handouts as their guide (available in the Social Impact Challenge packet), ask students to create and develop a pitch for a for-profit business that addresses a social or environmental challenge. PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi, or video presentations are all welcome.
- Have students submit their pitch and permission slip here by January 27, 2017 for consideration in our Social Impact Challenge contest.
- If you’re using the Social Impact Challenge as a classroom assignment or project, reference ThinkCERCA’s rubrics (available in the Social Impact Challenge packet) and give students personalized feedback.
- The announcement of winners is at the end of February 2017. Prizes include a $100 Amazon gift card, feedback from real-world entrepreneurs, and a pizza party for the winning classrooms.
Interested in learning more about ThinkCERCA? Check out their website!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)