Coding websites and apps place valuable resources in the hands of students. With mobile and web-browser based tools, students of all ages can explore computer science. As you think about your goals for the school year, how can you incorporate coding into your instruction? Maybe you’ve decided to carve out a part of the school day or school week for coding. Perhaps you’re starting an after school program.
If you are ready to bring coding into your classroom these coding websites and apps are worth checking out. On this list you’ll find a wide range of tools. Some are perfect for younger students and others will work best in classrooms where teachers have lots of experience with computer science.Check out these must-try coding websites and coding apps for students!
Coding Websites and Coding Apps
- Coda Game is a coding app for iPads that gives students the power to create their own games with visual code blocks.
- Kids’n’Code is an app for iPads where students solve puzzles as they learn about coding by identifying patterns and working their way through different problems.
- Repl.it Classroom is targeted at skilled high school or higher-ed computer science teachers that are able to create their own coding curriculum and automatic grading programs.
- Pythonroom is a fantastic online platform for teachers who want to bring coding into the classroom but don’t know how to code.
- StudioWeb is an online educational resource designed for educators so they can easily access video training courses on computer literacy.
- Swifty is an iOS app that includes quick tutorials to introduce users to the Swift programing language.
- Kodable introduces basic programming skills to students as it pushes them to problem solve and work through different levels.
- Tynker is a fantastic tool for educators that makes computer programming fun for students in grades 3-8.
Do you have a favorite? Share it in the comments below!
Want more EdTech tips in your inbox? Sign up
10 Must-Have Coding Resources for Schools
Enter your email and the poster will arrive in your inbox :)
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com
When you click below I'll also add you to my list for periodic messages over the course of the year.