How would you rate family engagement in your school? Earlier this year I featured the online family engagement platform ClassTag on my site. It’s a fantastic option for educators looking to increase, monitor and facilitate family engagement. With ClassTag, at both the classroom and school level, teachers can make sure they are reaching families in multiple ways regardless of their language proficiency.
Family Engagement Platform
ClassTag online family engagement platform lets teachers…
- Provide guidance with Announcements: Teachers write a message, select classrooms and click send!
- Use the Parent Dashboard to create a single source of information for parents: Teachers create a stream of information so all activities, events, announcements and tasks are in one place.
- Use Stats to be more strategic: Teachers gather insight to see which parents are engaged and which parents need extra support.
- Share Newsletters for automated updates: Teachers use the Weekly Updates feature to share special events and opportunities with families.
- Use Photos to share special moments: Teachers upload snapshots to a gallery or announcement to keep families informed and up-to-date.
- Share a Positive Reward: Teachers can certainly celebrate family engagement by giving shoutouts to parents who are highly involved.
- Easily Organize activities: Teachers create and organize all events in the dashboard, including parent-teacher conferences sign-ups and also volunteer requests.
- Create a Class Directory: Teachers help families connect with one another using the class directory feature.
I had the chance to meet the team at ClassTag. This includes Co-Founder and CEO Vlada Lotkina at ISTE this past June. It was so much fun spending time at their booth and hearing stories from teachers who’ve had great success with ClassTag in their classrooms. Below you can see a video interview with Ms. Karrow, a New York teacher who is also a big fan of ClassTag.
Measuring family engagement
It can be hard to keep track of how effective family engagement strategies are each school year. ClassTag offers a great option for teachers looking to stay in touch with families and make it easier for everyone to access information. This tool is free for teachers and your families will absolutely love how easy it is to check in on the school day and have all of their class information in one place.
Learn more about ClassTag by visiting their website!
Check out my new book #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment With Technology also featuring ClassTag!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)