Hello there and thank you for visiting my site!
I am an EdTech consultant and professional development facilitator passionate about the power of thoughtful technology integration! My mission is to help educators place tasks before apps and promote deeper learning with technology. Are you looking to energize and elevate teaching and learning this year? I’m here to help!
From on-site workshops to virtual webinars, I support educators who want to empower their students as creators and collaborators in digital spaces. I share actionable, ready-for-tomorrow tips for educators, as both a keynote and featured speaker. If you follow along on Instagram you already know — I love to travel and work with educators across the country, and around the world!
To start the conversation about working together — email: email@example.com
What does this look like in action?
I work with schools in a variety of ways. This includes full days of on-site professional development. This can include:
- workshops for staff on topics related to technology integration in whole group or small group settings
- one-on-one coaching and observations
- planning with leadership to review current initiatives and plan for future technology integration
There are some schools and districts I visit just once to help them get started with thinking about technology integration. Other schools commit to a dozen or so days spread out across the school year.
In addition to on-site work, I support schools virtually or with a hybrid model. This work happens through:
- my online courses on the Participate platform (EdTech Reboot and Writing Reboot)
- customized webinars
- one-on-one video coaching for school leaders, instructional coaches, and classroom teachers.
Let’s talk! To start the conversation about working together — email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Praise for Monica
My Most Popular Keynote
Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom
When we place tasks before apps we value the importance of identifying goals for students and elevating traditional experiences with digital tools. The purposeful design of tech-rich learning experiences can enhance classroom collaboration and honor curiosity in the context of creation experiences for students. Dr. Monica Burns will introduce strategies for examining technology integration to empower students as creators and collaborators. With thoughtful planning and purposeful connection to learning objectives, students can become creators in your classroom as they explore content in any subject area.
Popular EdTech Workshops & Concurrent Sessions
See Monica’s upcoming and past events on this page
- 12 Ready for Tomorrow Tips: Meaningful Formative Assessment with Technology
- School Branding and Storytelling with Adobe Spark for Education
- Ready-for-Tomorrow Tips to Place Tasks Before Apps
- Taming the Wild Text: 15 Tech Tools for Readers
- 25 Activities to Spark Creativity in the Classroom
- Virtual Reality in the Reading Classroom (with or without a headset!)
To start the conversation about working together — email: email@example.com
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
...and I'll send you three bonus ebooks on Virtual Reality, Reading & Writing EdTech Favorites, and Formative Assessment tools!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)