In this episode, I welcome back Dr. Martin Saunders and Maggie Moosvi from EdShed, to explore the link between foundational literacy skills and artificial intelligence. You’ll hear insights into the distinctions between predictive AI and generative AI as well as how online tools can gamify and personalize student learning experiences.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- Most popular –>> Apple Podcast (Web and Mobile App)
- Spotify (Web and Mobile App)
- or search for Easy EdTech Podcast on your favorite mobile app
AI in Teaching Literacy Tips
- Phonics and spelling are important components of literacy instruction.
- Generative AI and Predictive AI can both support teaching and learning.
- Students can practice literacy skills through independent practice like online games.
SPONSORED BY EdShed
This episode is sponsored by EdShed, an industry-leading platform that provides high-quality, research-based resources to your classroom. EdShed includes Spelling Shed, which is a spelling curriculum based on Science of Reading research, and it also includes Phonics Shed which provides narrative-driven, multi-sensory planning and resources to teach early reading and writing. Your students will love EdShed’s worldwide popular games, which enhance learning and help to develop core skills. Sign up for free at www.edshed.com
FOLLOW & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!