In this episode, EdTech coach Roxi Thompson joins for an important conversation on student data privacy. Discover practical tips for schools and districts on protecting student data while keeping stakeholders engaged, creating a solid plan, and maintaining transparency throughout the decision-making process.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Protecting Student Data
- Bring stakeholders together.
- Create a plan to address student data privacy.
- Stay transparent as you make and communicate decisions.
Sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT
This episode is sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT! It’s called “60+ Must-Try ChatGPT Prompts for Teachers” and it’s full of ideas that will save you oodles of time. To grab the free ebook, go to ClassTechTips.com/ChatGPTbook.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Connect with Roxi Thompson on LinkedIn & Twitter
- Check out Roxi Thompson’s profile & article on Edutopia
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
- COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act )
- FETC (Future of Education Technology Conference)
- The CoSN Trusted Learning Environment (TLE Seal Program)
- How to Use Tech Tools to Avoid Distractions for Students (Podcast Episode)
- How to Keep Students Safe and Secure Online (Blog Post)
- 7 Technology Tips for Your School Safety Goals (Blog Post)
- Using EdTech to Promote School Safety (Podcast Episode)