In this episode, Education Consultant Leticia Barr joins for a conversation all about empowering kids to say yes to a healthy lifestyle and no to underage drinking. April is Alcohol Responsibility Month and you’ll hear about engaging digital resources that teach students the impact of alcohol on the developing brain while incorporating social-emotional learning in lessons, games, and activities.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips to Make Healthy Choices
- Review resources to make sure they are the right fit.
- Help students see the “why” in your answers to their questions.
- Embrace multimedia resources to engage students.
Sponsored by Ask, Listen, Learn from Responsibility.org
This episode is brought to you by the Ask, Listen, Learn underage drinking program. April is alcohol responsibility month–are you and your students ready? Ask, Listen, Learn offers free, evidence-based digital resources to empower kids to say YES to a healthy lifestyle and NO to underage drinking by teaching them about the science behind how alcohol affects the developing brain. Visit asklistenlearn.org to access the videos, lesson plans, parent resources, and more.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click see the transcript
- Follow Leticia Barr on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook
- Responsibility.org (Free alcohol prevention resources)
- Ask, Listen, Learn (Free alcohol prevention resources)
- How Alcohol Affects the Brain (Free activity)
- ASCA School Counselor Professional Standards
- April is Alcohol #Responsibility Month! (YouTube video)
- Social-Emotional Learning is Prevention Education (YouTube video)
- Resources to Help Students Practice Saying NO (Blog post)
- Lessons on How Marijuana Affects the Developing Brain (Blog post)
- Teacher Lesson Plans for Red Ribbon Week (Blog post)