It’s almost time for Amazon Prime Day! Is Amazon Prime Day for Teachers too? You bet!
I’m a big fan of Amazon — have you heard the story of when I bought 1,000 worms on Amazon? Well… I shared it at ISTE this year and yes, you can buy worms for your classroom compost bin on Amazon… (scroll down for the links)
Since it’s a big Amazon week, I put together a list of favorites I hope you’ll enjoy. Feel free to share this link with a friend or comment with a favorite at the bottom of this post!
NOTE –> If you’re reading this after Amazon Prime Day — get on the list for my 2019 favorites (and a couple instant freebies) by using this link to sign up.
This post includes affiliate links, if you click on the link I may receive compensation. I’m only sharing things, I love, use all the time, or am super excited about!
Amazon Prime Day for Teachers
Keep checking back… I’ll update this post with more favorites and special Amazon Prime deals throughout the day!
Books About Education I Love
- The Curious Classroom — Practical and ready to use ideas for this school year
- Blended Learning in Action — A great guide for teachers looking for hybrid tech models
- Learning Transformed — A best-selling ASCD book for school leaders at all levels
Books Not About Education I Love (But Totally Relatable)
- The Power of Habit — This book has so many stories I reference when talking about education
- Outliers — I’ve added this to my “reread” list as I devour the new season of Malcolm Gladwell’s podcast
- Steve Jobs — I read this book on my iPhone, and two thousand swipes later it was well worth it
Super Fun Techy Accessories
- Shark Cord Keeper — Less than $2 and totally fun, there’s already one waiting in my Amazon cart
- Composition Notebook Computer Case — It looks just like a traditional notebook, but ready for your Chromebook
Must-Have Classroom Helpers
- Tiggly Shapes — I love this “smart toy” for students with access to an iPad
- Google Cardboard — Under $8 and you can transform your smartphone into a VR headset
- Screen Cleaners — I use these all of the time, so helpful
Productivity Tools I Can’t Live Without
- Touchscreen Gloves — It’s super warm here in New Jersey today but these are a winter favorite I love sharing
- AirPods from Apple — A splurge, but they definitely come in handy when listening to podcasts on the go
- Echo with Alexa — The Alexa-friendly devices are on sale today, so it’s worth checking in on the discounts
So Silly But I Can’t Help Sharing
- iArm Gift Box — These prank boxes are ridiculous but great for a “techy” laugh
- Teacher Nutritional Facts Mug – If you follow me on Instagram you know I love a good coffee mug :)
My books are all available at a discount on Amazon, click the links to check them all out: Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom (ASCD), #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin Press), Taming the Wild Text: Literacy Strategies for Today’s Reader (Shell Education), Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)