I love podcasts! Last month I had the chance to talk with Vicki Davis on her new 10-Minute Teacher education podcast. Vicki is a fellow Edutopia blogger and we met a few years ago as part of this community. Vicki does amazing work and she just launched a new podcast aimed at giving educators actionable information in bite-sized pieces. Her ten minute podcasts are perfect for busy teachers looking for a fast-paced overview of important topics in education. I find myself listening to podcasts in all sorts of places from a walk to the subway, driving to visit a new school I’m working with, or at home folding laundry.
During my chat with Vicki we spoke about formative assessment and technology, the topic of my new book #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment with Technology now available on Amazon. I shared some of the ways technology can change the way educators check for understanding. Vicki talked about her own experience with formative assessment as a classroom teacher. Vicki’s podcast is available in lots of different places so you can visit her website to listen to our conversation or head straight to iTunes. If you’re like me, you’ll probably open up the Podcast app on your iPhone and subscribe to the 10-Minute Teacher podcast so you don’t miss an episode.
Here are five of Vicki’s most popular podcast episodes from this past month, including mine:
- Formative Assessment Tools and Tips with Monica Burns (Show #37)
- Poverty and the Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations with Anael Alston (Show #24)
- Eric Sheninger: Digital Pedagogy that Actually Improves Learning(Show #39)
- Creating a Student-Centered Library Where Kids Love to Learn with Micki Uppena (Show #23)
- 5 Ideas to Improve Rural Education in America with Daisy Dyer Duerr
Check out Vicki’s website to learn more about the 10-Minute Teacher podcast and her great work in education!