Scannable technology is powerful in the hands of students. If you’ve checked out my new book with the ACES Framework for #ScannableTech integration you know how passionate I am about this subject. I’m very excited about Shomi Links – a type of scannable technology you can easily and effectively integrate into your classroom.
So how can you use Shomi Links in your classroom?
- Shomi Links can do anything QR codes can do – and more! This means they instantly link the physical page to digital content. One of the things that makes them different is that it’s a font-based scannable technology. Teachers can can put multiple links on paper and since Shomi Links can be reduced to a size 10 font you can easily fit them into a line of print.
- All Shomi Links are dynamic which means they can be amended or deleted at any time after they are generated. So if you change your mind on what content you want to connect to a link all you have to do is switch the destination on Shomi’s website.
- All Shomi Links are trackable in real time. This provides teachers valuable information on student usage and engagement, helping them make decisions about upcoming lessons and areas of student need.
- Teachers can get quick student feedback about their assignment or activity in real time. All you need to do is connect a Shomi Link to a survey form such as Survey Monkey or a Google Form.
- Shomi lets teachers create content from their mobile device using the Mobile Page Builder. This tool is easy to use and makes creating links quick and simple with just a few steps to follow to make your own links.
Shomi Links are a great tool to leverage the power of scannable technology in the classroom. You can learn more about getting started by visiting Shomi’s website!
10 Things You Need to Know About #ScannableTech
Enter your email below and the poster will arrive in your inbox :)
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com