If you’re looking for engaging standards-based formative assessments, check out Edcite. It’s a popular platform I have shared before. Edcite offers an extensive library full of teacher-created assignments you will certainly want to explore – including on women olympics!
Now, just in time for Women’s History Month and the upcoming Summer Olympic Games there are special new resources. The folks at Edcite have special formative assessments from their library. The choices on the list below also focus on female Olympians. With technology-enhanced questions and multimedia, your students can also engage in standards-aligned work. Try one with your class this week!
Women Olympics Activities
- “Summer Olympics – Swimming” (Kindergarten – interdisciplinary assignment w/text and also audio)
- “Gymnast Gabby Douglas” (1st Grade- interdisciplinary assignment w/text & video)
- “Firsts for Women of the Summer Olympics” (ELA assignment w/videos & text)
- “Middle School Math – Women’s Gymnastics Scoring” (Math assignment w/interactive questions)
- “Analyzing the Removal of the Women’s Olympic 800M through Gender Schema Theory” (ELA performance task w/primary & secondary sources)
- “High School Math – Women’s Track and Field” (Math assignment w/video)
The team at Edcite also have this list of resources to explore. Take a look at this blog post where you will certainly find more resources too!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)